Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Magic of Dreaming again!

Re: Good woman=Bad sex?- I got a couple of feedbacks about this article, especially from men! They complain that the 'good' girls are also the fastest to slack on the action. Some ladies even asked: how am I supposed to be good at 'it' when I don't have much experience? Well, if you want to learn more about money or your career, what do you do? You research, speak to experts, read books and sometime watch some educative material(wink!). So I guess the same tips would apply on your journey to becoming a sexpert or Amazon. God would help us o!

The curtain lifted, the music got louder and louder, Techno music had never sounded so exhilarating  The models danced out, the energy was infectious  I felt like I was in a party and it was holding in such an amazing location with state of the art objects all around me. I was excited, I was dancing and jumping, I felt like a child again! Finally my dream was coming to fruition. Laughter and tears of joy flowed simultaneously,then suddenly the whizzing of the mosquito jolted me back to reality, no I wasn't sleeping, I had just closed my eye's and allowed my self to dream again.... It felt so good, it had been far too long since I indulged my fantasies, I had swallowed the bitter pill called reality and allowed it to lodge in my throat for the longest time! 

So what sort person do you think you are, my therapist asked? Are you a pessimist or an optimist. I smiled slightly remembering the days when I used to believe that cars could drive on water(remember the Bank phb advert?) and that there was nothing I couldn't do if I just tried. Oh well! those were days of ignorance I thought, after several hard knocks, I have finally eaten humble pie.....I am a realist I responded with an assured look on my face and then went ahead to explain how I had learnt to set achievable goals, plan realistically and not be overly ambitious, that way, I would never have to bite more than I can chew.

Oddly enough, I left that day, feeling that something was missing. Despite my eloquent explanation of my 'realistic' approach to life, I still felt like there was something off, I seem to have fallen short in certain ways, but I didn't know how. The next morning I sat pondering about the discussion, what could be wrong? now that my life had finally gotten to a stable tandem, where was the discomfort coming from again?

Then I whispered to my spirit, what could be wrong? Is there any thing I am not doing? And I heard: You have stopped believing, You have stopped dreaming! You don't give me much raw material to work with anymore. All your goals are things you can achieve by your self. You don't dream big anymore! Well it's not that I don't dream big I argued, its just that after making so much effort to make the 'big dreams' happen and failing at it, I have adjusted my expectation. You can't blame me can you I responded accusingly. Then the conversation continued; who told you I wanted you to make it happen for your self? When you dream the desires I put in your heart, I would make it happen for you!

Your dreams are a deposit into the bank of your future, they are a proof that you have a great future ahead. They are also raw material for the universe to work with to create the future you desire. When you dream, it does not mean you loose sight of today's reality, it just means that you create a great outcome for your future. Why did I stop dreaming:

1. Fear that my dreams won't come true: I have tried to make several aspirations and goals happen in the past and have achieved mediocre success in some cases. This made me believe that my goals and dreams have been unrealistic. Maybe they were, but when the dreams are bigger, you need a bigger 'hand' to execute it. When I used my own hand to execute it and failed, I got discouraged.

2. Fear of rejection: When you have attempted several projects/dream/goals and not achieved much success, you can develop a fear of rejection. You subconsciously begin to plan for rejection and failure, which affects your ability to take steps in future.

3. Fear of loss of Control: Most of us have a need to control our situation and ensure that we can determine the outcome. A constant need to determine the outcomes would reduce our ability to step out of our comfort zone and take risks. However when we realize that we were never in control anyway, we are able to relax and trust that the Almighty would bring his ordained outcomes to us.

So I decided to start dreaming again, but this time, I would do it differently, I would let the source of the dreams and desires make it happen for me. Now I close my eye's and let go of the fear and dream freely. It 's like magic......................

Be empowered,
Tale.

Are you a dreamer or have you given up on your dreams,are you willing to dream again? please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let your post be edifying