Tuesday 20 August 2013

Value your self!

Life takes you through various tangents, from valleys to mountains and back to valleys, the cycle of life can take toll on the traveler that you sometimes forget why you are on this journey and begin to adapt to the experiences life brings your way and sometimes you forget who you really are and why you are on this journey………..

I once read a research that said that what makes Human beings the most superior specie on the earth is our ability to adapt. We have transitioned from the Garden of Eden, to living as cave men, from that period to using the earth’s raw materials to create food, clothing and shelter. We have moved beyond that stage to inventions and innovations that have created the earth we live in today. Adaptability or adaptation is a positive development, and so it can also be a negative development; especially when the processes of pain and disappointments have led us to adapt to adapt to a life that is less than ideal. Life’s challenges might have made us stronger, but in some cases it has killed our spirit and made us forget who we really are.

I got off the phone yesterday with a friend who challenged the giant in me, she provoked me to take a more critical look at my life and in doing so; I was reminded of the essence of how I began this race: It started with me asking the question; who am I? Why am I here? and what is my value to the earth? I reminisced about what I learnt all those years ago that life almost stole from me; I reminded myself that I am made in the image and likeness of an amazing and power God. And the more I meditated on this thought, the more I learnt why I must place more value on myself. When you look in the mirror, what you see is an image of yourself. So if I am made in the image of a superior being, that means I am just like him! And that’s the same for you too and that’s why you have to place more value on our self.
How do you place more value on yourself?

1.      Love yourself: Self love is a tricky concept depending on what side of upbringing you are coming from. To some people, self love means self indulgence and to some others self love is a foreign concept as they have been thought not to thinking to highly of themselves. Love yourself means appreciate YOU. Thank the almighty for making you in his image. Celebrate all the wonderful gifts and talents that you have been bestowed with. Appreciate every intricate detail of your ‘Earth suit’ and let your heart be filled with joy and gladness that you are fearfully and wonderfully made! Love yourself.

2.      Forgive yourself: We have all failed one way or the other! Yes that’s the truth. Don’t beat yourself up too much for your past failures no matter what they were. Failure is not final, the important thing is that we learn from our past mistakes, pick ourselves up again and keep moving. Have you goofed in the past? Or done something you are not proud of? Forgive yourself! Give yourself another chance and don’t give up on you, because you still have many chances in life to succeed again. You are work in progress, forgive yourself and keep living!

3.      Accept yourself: So you look at the mirror and you see an image that has it flaws right? Well welcome to the real world where no one is perfect!( read my post titled let go of the shame and live). Accept how you are made and know that the traits you inherited genetically were not by accident. God who decided to make you as noisy or as quiet as you are or as big boned or slim framed as you are did not make a mistake. He gave you the perfect earth suit he thought you needed to fulfill your purpose. What if your earth suit (body) has gone through voluntary or involuntary damages like child birth, accidents or illnesses? The he want to use just the way you are flaws and all! I watched and read the inspirational story of Nick Vujicic, A man born without arms and legs (you can Google him). He is living a great life despite all his challenges; he travels the world to motivate people and he is married with a son. Accept yourself! And continue to be the best version of yourself you can be! You are just fine.


4.      Discover yourself: When we travel, we try to learn as much about the place we go to, especially if it’s a new place. Treat yourself like a treasure box and discover who you are. Let every discovery be a revelation that helps you to know yourself some more. What do you like? What do you love? What do you dislike? What makes you happy? What makes you sad? What are your dreams? What are your aspirations? What sort of life would you like to live if you had no limits? What are you on earth for? The more you discover yourself, the more special you feel, and the more value you place on YOU!

My purpose prayer to help me discover myself more goes thus: God of glory, make me intelligent and discerning in knowing you personally, my eyes focused and clear, so that I can see exactly what it is you are calling me to do. Adapted from Ephesians 1: 17-18 message translation.

5.    Live your life to the fullest: Yes! now you are learning to love you, to forgive you, to accept you and you are discovering you! Live life to its fullest and live each day creating the life of your dreams. There would still be tough times, but don’t let them change you, don’t let them define you, keep moving forward and keep your value up. And you would live the best life from today forever!


This is my message to me today and I am going to apply it, I hope you do the same………….

Stay Empowered,
Tale.
P.S Please follow me on twitter @taleofrecreatio I do my best to share inspirational thoughts


I really appreciate your comments. They let me know if you are being blessed, inspired or empowered. Also share this article with others so that the blessing would flow….

1 comment:

Let your post be edifying