Friday 2 August 2013

Choose a Quality Life!


It is getting harder for me to write! Because every time I write, I challenge myself to practice what I preach. So I am living in motion these days; I am going after my dreams, reaching out for more and walking/working to become the best me by God’s grace. I hope that as you read each article, you are being inspired to do the same.

I grew up craving for better quality. Better quality clothes, better quality food, better quality friends and even better quality men! It was always a case of cut your coat according to your cloth, and sometimes the clothes never seemed to be enough to me or never seemed to be in the fabric I wanted. It was a constant struggle for me until I resigned to being content with what I had till I could get what I wanted.

Life and seasons have changed and now I can afford to get a few of the things I really want, but it has also made me question what really is ‘Quality’? Is quality the most expensive of the thing you want? Or is it the rarer or limited edition of the things we want? Is quality really determined by price or by taste, these are the thoughts I joggle in my mind.

I was with my manufacturer in Istanbul last week and we were considering fabrics for the new collection we are currently working on, I was suggesting that we should look for a lower quality fabric to enable us maintain our current sales price, instead of the obvious option of increasing prices, but my meticulous manufacturer vehemently opposed this idea, She insisted that they prided themselves in working with 100% quality fabrics and I finally succumbed to her persuasion, but it got me thinking of life in general and the compromises we constantly make for or against quality.

How many times have you been under pressure on your job to make a choice between letting things slip or putting in the extra time? Or between settling for a partner who if all things were equal you would not choose, but you would rather wait it out hoping that the future would bring better options? All these are decisions that are driven by our perspective of quality.

I have come to realize that quality is driven not by the cost of a thing, but by the value you can derive from it. So you need a shoe, a good quality shoe to some one can only be one that carries a designer label, why to another, a good quality shoe is determined by durability and not by brand name, although sometimes a good brand connotes good quality.

Quality for me has even transcended the choices I make for material things, to the choices I am constantly making for immaterial things like the quality of my thoughts, the quality of my relationships, the quality of life I live. Quality for me is now determined by how much I respect and value myself as a person.

I told a friend the other day that she should quit smoking( No judgement on people’s habits o!) my greatest point of note to her is that no matter the stress relieve she derived from smoking, it did not compare to how much she was devaluing her body or choosing a lower quality lifestyle. I challenged her to find other ways to deal with stress that would increase the quality of her life. And that’s my challenge to you!

How do you live a better quality life? I would share that next time, I have to run……….

Stay Empowered,
Tale.
P.S Please follow me on twitter @taleofrecreatio I do my best to share inspirational thoughts


I really appreciate your comments. They let me know if you are being blessed, inspired or empowered. I am also willing to answer your questions, so please keep sharing and share this article with others….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let your post be edifying