Sunday 16 February 2014

The tides would turn, eventually............

I was excited that it was finally going to be a sunny day in London, but decided to still heed the warning of my family friend to dress with the worst cold in mind. I put on two shirts, a sweater and a jacket. I was feeling really hot by the time I got to the train station and was so tempted to strip on the platform.....

Two stops later the rain came pouring and when it rains, it pourrsssss. Was I glad that I was fully clad to withstand the cold that came with the rain... two hours later, it was over like it never happened! In my usual reflective manner, I related this to life and have come to realise that no matter how dark it gets, the light would finally come.

Sometimes life hits you from many sides and you feel like that boxer trying to find your balance after many knock outs, but too wary to stand up because it seems like the fight is over and you have lost anyway. I have been there so many times and each time, I felt like going to a safe corner to hide from all the challenges that being alive brings, but not for too long because even if you hide it doesn't always disappear.

The good news in all this is; like the rain poured heavily and stopped after two hours, eventually the tide would turn. You would find a break in that hopeless situation. You would find the resources you need for that dream. That husband or wife would come and you won't be single for the rest of your life.

How do I know this? Because my life is also in session and I have seen dark days and bright days. I have also watched the lives of great people and have seen them battle the fiercest battle and come out victorious.

But what has helped them triumph and win?

1. They kept fighting: I don't know about you, but I have given up on my dreams 101 times. I tell my self; Be realistic joor! This thing is taking too long, stop dreaming and be a 'normal' person. When I decide to act on 'realistic', something in me repels against it and tell me to keep fighting! I am still in the battle sincerely, but I can tell you I have scored more victories by keeping up the fight.

2. They keep their goals and dream in front of them: I have a vision board with pictures of the life I want and sometimes I feel like throwing it away. Some mornings however, I wake up stare at it and say; if this is my possibility, why settle for less? It keeps me going and keeps me motivated. I have heard stories of people suffering from life threatening ailments who have kept a dream in front of them. Some eventually recover and live their dreams.

3. They are positive and surround themselves with positive people and information: I woke up yesterday morning and was searching for a channel to watch. I am currently in Istanbul and the English speaking channels are few and far between. I finally found BBC world and watched it for five minutes and gave up! I have just had enough of hearing all that is wrong in the world. Yes things are going wrong, economies are suffering, leaders are corrupt! But successful people are not feeding on these sort of information, if not they won't be making much progress. I am not an advocate for having your head up in the air, but like Brian Mayne says; If you stare at the problem too long, you would steer(move towards) at the problem. 

So no matter how bad it gets or how hard things are keep positive and surround your self with positive people. The positivity would energize you and help you see the light in the darkest situations.

They do something about it! Yes and this advice is for me really....I am tired of the status quo and I am advising my self to stop moaning and feeling helpless and get up and do something about it. Of course this include asking God for divine direction so that I don't just go round in circles in the name of doing something.

So what's your situation today? The tide would turn, eventually. Get up and work into your season.

Peace and Love
Tale
N.B: Share this with someone if it truly blessed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let your post be edifying