Friday 4 October 2013

MAKING TOUGH LIFE CHOICES!

Life has been a fast moving train recently. It means I am living my dreams and God is taking me to new levels of purpose. It also means that sitting down to write this blog is getting tougher and this blog means a lot to me, because it’s a way for me to share and empower you and me to become five star women.

In life we are constantly barraged with information that forces us to make decisions constantly. To a lot of us, decision making has been relegated to our subconscious and this works just fine, especially for habitual decisions like: What route to take on our way home, how to comb your hair or how to wear your shoes!

However we are also faced with harder decisions that have more severe consequences like: to compromise or not to compromise? To beat the traffic light or stop for a few minutes? To join the click and get the promotion or to stand alone and risk being relegated? To marry that man who is not good enough just to be known as Mrs. or to risk staying single for much longer……………


Life forces us to make tough choices! And the sooner we realize that and face it, the easier it would be for us to deal with when we find ourselves in such situations. I have made a couple of wrong choices in my life and some of them, God’s mercy covered me, but the others, I have to live with the consequences… Although God’s grace is available, the reality of our decisions stare us in the face.

I am learning how to make better decisions and some of the tools that have helped me make those tough choices consciously are the following:


1.      Know yourself: The greatest question you can answer is ‘who am I’. This question would open you up to an amazing self discovery. I mean who are you really? Not what the world has said you are, not what people have told you about you and not what you have been sold on in the media that you are trying to imitate or emulate? Who are you really?  When you know yourself, you would know what you stand for.

2.      What are your values: A lot of us have various values we have imbibed from our childhood that has stayed with us till this day. Some of those values are great and have formed the basis our choices to date. However some of those values have been self destructive. For example: Some women have been told that no matter what a man does to you, you have to endure. This sort of values or programming have made women stay in cases of severe abuse and lost their minds and sometimes their lives. Search your heart, define your values and the kind of person you really want to be and make a decision today to make choices that uphold your most important values.


3.      What are your vulnerabilities? We all have areas of weaknesses and struggles and when we are able to clearly define them, we consciously make decisions that would ensure that we don’t make choices that expose us in our vulnerable areas. For example: You have a weakness for fine jewelry, this means you are vulnerable to buy fine jewelry on impulse. Your knowledge of your vulnerability would help you make choices of where to go and what to do with your money.

I would share some more tools in my journey to make better decisions and confronting life's tough choices in my next write up. Look forward to it!

Stay Empowered,
Tale.
P.S Please follow me on twitter @taleofrecreatio I do my best to share inspirational thoughts and information.

I really appreciate your comments. They let me know if you are blessed, inspired or empowered. Also share this article with othe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let your post be edifying