Tuesday 11 June 2013

WHEN THE BATTLE BEGINS………Part 1

I was frustrated and downright hysterical! I lost my calm and let panic sink deep into me. Now that I had decided to take strategic steps towards the future I desired and believed I deserved as the child of a ‘King’, all hell seems to have broken loose. I felt out of control and was looking for something to grasp to give me back my control. I struggled desperately with the pain of uncertainty pricking my heart. Then I decided to let go, I had done my best, let the free fall begin………….

If you have been following my articles, I have been encouraging and challenging you and even me to reach for more, dream bigger and raise our standards. These are ultimately the keys to live a more fulfilling and successful life. However I want to share today what might be the follow up, if you have made the decision to go for the ‘more’ you deserve.

I am not really an action film person (although I am watching more of it these days because of a certain somebody) but what I like most about them is that there is always a hero, a battle and a heroine or should I say a woman who would propel the hero of the movie to go to great lengths to win the battle, so that he can either win her heart or save her from harm. Now that’s the part that makes my feminine heart flutter……. I have discovered that life is a battle field, the battle starts once we decide on a Purpose or a goal that we want to achieve.

This battle does not always happen in the physical (sometimes it does!), but it is mostly fought in the mind. Now you have decided you are going to aim for more in your love life, career, business or finances and you take a step by coming up with a plan and you dream of your possibilities. Then when it is time to come up with action steps, ‘reality’ hits you! I can’t really do this, now the first voice in the battle launches out. Then the voice goes on and on about the “why’s” you are not capable or you do not deserve or you would not succeed. Sometimes the voice is so powerful and can make you weary to the point of dropping the goal, idea or thought. How do you handle the battles in your minds?

1.      Listen attentively: I have heard a school of thought say when negative thoughts begin to cross your mind; you should shut it down immediately. I want to suggest another way; imagine you are in a law court and your opposition is pushing out several accusations, wouldn’t you want to listen attentively to know how to counter the opposition? So listen to the rambling of the mind, then when the ramblings have ended, you would have identified what your fears and limitations really are.

2.      Remind yourself of who you really are: The inner negative voice has just finished telling you why the things you desire cannot happen for you, now it’s time for you to speak. Don’t rush to counter the voice, just begin to remind yourself about you. The special creation made by the best manufacturer. Appreciate your talents, your gifts and the skills that come natural to you. Remind yourself of your past victories and the challenges you have been able to overcome. David said; I have killed the lion and I have killed the bear.


3.    Tell yourself why you can: Once you have reminded yourself of who you are, then all of a sudden, the negative voice doesn't seem to have any power anymore, and you have re-built your confidence in yourself. Now tell yourself why you can do all the things you set out to do. Begin to write the contacts you have, the things leverage on and your excitement to do it would be restored

4.     Give yourself a reason/ incentive to do it: So for example, if you go for that new job, you would be able to afford your dream car. Or if you make that move and your business starts to grow, you would be able to afford that long overdue vacation (I am dreaming about that!)



5.     Get started!: Now you have won the battle in this round, don’t just sit back, utilize your victory and start taking steps and making moves to achieve what you desire.

This process would have to be repeated various times in the journey to your dream life as every battle has various stages and chapters. Next time, I would share about how to handle the battle that comes to you physically, either through opposition or setbacks.

Stay Empowered,

Tale.


I really appreciate your comments. They let me know if you are being blessed, inspired or empowered. I am also willing to answer your questions, so please keep sharing and share this article with others….

1 comment:

  1. "Now you have decided you are going to aim for more in your love life, career, business or finances and you take a step by coming up with a plan and you dream of your possibilities."...a great decision I made several years but I must confess as you say, the road gets rough and you wander if you should retract. But do you realize self-motivation takes us just up until the point of "I have done my best" then grace begins her perfect work. Thanks for this great reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Let your post be edifying